Friday, May 6, 2011

A few from Green Sands Beach and Punalu'u

_MG_5101


_MG_5072


_MG_5019


_MG_5137


_MG_5030


_MG_5142


We didn't actually make it to the beach that was fully green, but we saw some of the green minerals in the sand. The minerals are created by a lava tube that empties out into the ocean after traveling many miles. Mostly it was just another beautiful stop on our way to our first camping site, the black sands beach at Punalu'u. The black sand beach was the first either of us had seen. Created by crushed lava rock (I think), the whole place has a kind of dark, eerie, feel to it. We had a great time at both places and nearly lost our tent to the wind at black sands beach.

2 Leave a comment:

amanda May 6, 2011 at 1:24 PM  

Take me back there!

Taylor Glascock May 8, 2011 at 5:00 PM  

Could Amanda be anymore beautiful? Geez!

Search This Blog

About me

Freelance photographer based in Columbia, MO.

I received my master's degree in photojournalism from the University of Missouri.

You can find me on Twitter under the username hawkryger if you're into that sort of thing.

View My Portfolio

Copyright Notice

All images ©2017 August Kryger or Columbia Daily Tribune

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP