Thursday, November 18, 2010

CPOY Recap

potter-13


I was debating putting anything on this blog about this year's College Photographer of the Year competition. But, I figure there may be some people who check this blog that don't live in Missouri. So, I thought I'd share the news that several MU students (including myself) took away some pretty great awards this year. It's a huge honor, and I feel very lucky... VERY. I was really happy to see my friends have their work recognized by perhaps the most prestigious college photojournalism competition in the world. I've said it to many people in person, but I owe a great deal to Tribune photographer Parker Eshelman for working with me on creating a strong storytelling edit of my work. It taught me an important lesson in the value of having a good teacher/editor.

So here they are, the winning stories/images that MU represented with at the 65th College Photographer of the Year competition:

My story won gold in Domestic Picture Story, The Solitary Life of Mr. Potter
Charles Ludeke's lovely story Rebuilding Strength won silver
Jeff Lautenberger took home gold in Sports Portfolio
Patrick Fallon's lovely feature got him an award of excellence.

Congratulations to all of you!

1 Leave a comment:

katie November 20, 2010 at 12:10 PM  

YAY! Go mizzou! (i have pom poms in my hands by the way) ;)

Search This Blog

About me

Freelance photographer based in Columbia, MO.

I received my master's degree in photojournalism from the University of Missouri.

You can find me on Twitter under the username hawkryger if you're into that sort of thing.

View My Portfolio

Copyright Notice

All images ©2017 August Kryger or Columbia Daily Tribune

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP