Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Ballerinas and some incredible photo advice



Our advanced techniques class was fortunate enough to have the legendary Joe McNally teach a three-hour seminar in photographic lighting. It was an incredible experience watching him work and explain in full detail his entire approach to a shoot. It was certainly humbling, but also exciting and inspiring. So glad Rita was able to get him to come. I'm sure we'll all be digesting what we learned for years to come.

These are a few shots I got while we were learning. We didn't get to use the lighting setup, so I just took a few on the sidelines to remember the event.

3 Leave a comment:

Rhea November 4, 2009 at 2:20 PM  

Just beautiful captures of the girls! What a wonderful learning experience there!

Amanda November 4, 2009 at 2:42 PM  

I was just thinking about Rita today as I set up some lights in the studio here at the Pilot. That stuff stays with you.

August Kryger March 23, 2011 at 3:43 PM  

Just beautiful captures of the girls! What a wonderful learning experience there!

Search This Blog

About me

Freelance photographer based in Columbia, MO.

I received my master's degree in photojournalism from the University of Missouri.

You can find me on Twitter under the username hawkryger if you're into that sort of thing.

View My Portfolio

Copyright Notice

All images ©2017 August Kryger or Columbia Daily Tribune

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP