Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Struggling Sudanese

sudanese woman


This was one of those stories that could've been really great, but just didn't pan out. I started working on a story about a group of Sudanese women who are struggling financially in St. Joseph. They had witnessed many atrocities in their homeland and finally made it here in the U.S. Unfortunately, for many reasons beyond my control, the story all but fell through. This is pretty much the only image I like from spending nearly a whole day with them. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. The main thing to remember though is to carry on, and keep moving forward and making pictures.

0 Leave a comment:

Search This Blog

About me

Freelance photographer based in Columbia, MO.

I received my master's degree in photojournalism from the University of Missouri.

You can find me on Twitter under the username hawkryger if you're into that sort of thing.

View My Portfolio

Copyright Notice

All images ©2017 August Kryger or Columbia Daily Tribune

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP