Monday, March 1, 2010

"If you make it worthless, nobody else will want it"

potter_012310_44


This is Potter. He's been living in an abandoned chemical storage facility for 10 years, and calls it home. I've been visiting him for a few months now, and am working on a long-term story about his life alone in the Missouri woods. He has no running water or electricity. He collects rainwater around buildings that are slowly rotting from leftover chemicals.I'll try to periodically post some images from my takes. But for now, I'll just put up this one to officially introduce him

3 Leave a comment:

Rhea March 1, 2010 at 9:50 AM  

A profound beginning-the picture of him tells a thousand words! Can't wait for the full story and pictures-a brave undertaking!

August Kryger March 1, 2010 at 12:49 PM  

Thanks for the kind remarks. It's going to be a very difficult story to tell, but I'm lucky that he has been very forthcoming in allowing me to document his life so far.

katie March 1, 2010 at 7:00 PM  

way to be motivated to stick with this! i can't wait to see the rest......... ;)

Search This Blog

About me

Freelance photographer based in Columbia, MO.

I received my master's degree in photojournalism from the University of Missouri.

You can find me on Twitter under the username hawkryger if you're into that sort of thing.

View My Portfolio

Copyright Notice

All images ©2017 August Kryger or Columbia Daily Tribune

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP