Thursday, December 17, 2009

I got chased down by a truck

Bub (uhhhhh)


Walking back to my car from work, I always try to take some pictures. Usually I never end up doing anything with them, I just take them for the sake of practice. While crossing the street, I see it. A glorious cherry-red Chevy with the words "BUBBA" strewn across its front bumper. To my surprise, there wasn't a dead animal hanging in or around it anywhere. I had just enough time while crossing to snap a few shots from the hip. Nope, no turkey on those, blurry and bad composition. I let out a small sigh for my lost opportunity and move on toward my car.
Once I arrive at the parking garage, there it is.
No idea how it found me, no idea what the driver will want from me. I press onward. As I try to slyly pass the truck, an elfish chortle comes from inside the truck.
"Did I do something wrong?" ...the well-seasoned woman driving "bubba" says to me.
I laugh.
"Umm, no, I just really liked the front of your truck so I took a picture of it."
She retorts, "We sell wood, people call us Bubba, I didn't know what was going on!"
"I'm a photographer, sorry, sometimes I freak people out like that. Now that I have you here can I take a better picture of your truck?"
"Yep, I suppose so, as long as I'm not in trouble."
I thank her, and get my picture.

0 Leave a comment:

Search This Blog

About me

Freelance photographer based in Columbia, MO.

I received my master's degree in photojournalism from the University of Missouri.

You can find me on Twitter under the username hawkryger if you're into that sort of thing.

View My Portfolio

Copyright Notice

All images ©2017 August Kryger or Columbia Daily Tribune

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP