Monday, October 12, 2009

Advanced Techniques: Ninja

ninja


Our most recent assignment for Advanced Techniques was to light metal or glass. I chose metal. This shoot was really cool for me because I had been conceptualizing what photograph I wanted for several weeks before the shoot. I drew up possible lighting diagrams and ideas so I could be sure to pull it off. In the end, it turned out almost identical to the image I first had in my mind, which is a really exciting thing. A huge amount of gratitude to photographer Jakob Berr for coming to my rescue. I lost my model on the day of the shoot and I asked him to go to the studio with me from 9-11 p.m. to be a ninja. Though he was sick, he agreed and let us splash fake blood all over him. A thousand thanks Jakob, couldn't have done it without you!

8 Leave a comment:

Rhea October 12, 2009 at 12:46 PM  

Very well done-lighting perfect for the mood and tone-good subject too!

Taylor October 12, 2009 at 5:09 PM  

I would've had no idea that was Jakob. A German ninja! Awesome. I love how you worked the black.

chrisdunn October 12, 2009 at 9:18 PM  

This is truly terrifying. Nicely done!

August Kryger October 12, 2009 at 9:26 PM  

Thanks everyone :)

Seth J. Putnam October 12, 2009 at 11:10 PM  

Looks incredible. Even better than on the camera screen. Well done.

August Kryger March 23, 2011 at 3:40 PM  

Looks incredible. Even better than on the camera screen. Well done.

August Kryger March 23, 2011 at 3:40 PM  

I would've had no idea that was Jakob. A German ninja! Awesome. I love how you worked the black.

August Kryger March 23, 2011 at 3:40 PM  

This is truly terrifying. Nicely done!

Search This Blog

About me

Freelance photographer based in Columbia, MO.

I received my master's degree in photojournalism from the University of Missouri.

You can find me on Twitter under the username hawkryger if you're into that sort of thing.

View My Portfolio

Copyright Notice

All images ©2017 August Kryger or Columbia Daily Tribune

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP