Friday, March 20, 2009

Curtain Call

Curtain call


This weekend the Missouri Theater almost burned down. A worker stopped by to check some last minute details for the next day's show and smelled smoke. A fire was brewing on one of the electrical panels, and it was stopped before reaching the curtains. I got sent out yesterday to see how the cleanup was going. This is a beautiful theater and I wanted to get a photo that showed some of the interesting features of it, while also telling the story. After spending close to an hour and shooting many frames, I figured I had something useable. While I was walking out, I turned around and saw this scene. I knew right away this was the picture. So I stopped again, pulled out the camera and made the frame. There's always one more picture to be made. Sometimes that last one can be the photo you were looking for the whole time. It's always important to step back, see, and be open to new possibilities.

0 Leave a comment:

Search This Blog

About me

Freelance photographer based in Columbia, MO.

I received my master's degree in photojournalism from the University of Missouri.

You can find me on Twitter under the username hawkryger if you're into that sort of thing.

View My Portfolio

Copyright Notice

All images ©2017 August Kryger or Columbia Daily Tribune

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP