Monday, February 9, 2009

Glore Psychiatric Museum or... why I'm glad I'm not THAT crazy



Took part of my day off to visit Glore Psychiatric Museum. It was really strange/interesting to see how "normal" people deal with the "crazy" people. Of course, there are those that genuinely need treatment, but some of the things I saw here made me cringe. See the photo with all the writing? That's a huge blanket stitched with the ramblings of a schizophrenic patient. If you look closely you can read some of the things on it. Definitely worth the $2 to visit this place if you get the chance. Humans are much more complicated creatures than we care to realize sometimes.

2 Leave a comment:

zach February 10, 2009 at 11:14 AM  

man, i never took the time to go there while I was there. i regret that after seeing these pics. hope you're settling in well up there.

August Kryger March 23, 2011 at 3:44 PM  

man, i never took the time to go there while I was there. i regret that after seeing these pics. hope you're settling in well up there.

Search This Blog

About me

Freelance photographer based in Columbia, MO.

I received my master's degree in photojournalism from the University of Missouri.

You can find me on Twitter under the username hawkryger if you're into that sort of thing.

View My Portfolio

Copyright Notice

All images ©2017 August Kryger or Columbia Daily Tribune

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP