Sunday, January 11, 2009

WireCo

My first front-page photo..

WireCo

Ed Boeh watches over the 734 machine at WireCo on Thursday. The machine takes thin wire and braids it into strands. It's called the 734 because it can hold 73 spools of wire, each of which is 24 inches in diameter.



WireCo

Raw materials to make the wire and various parts are melted and transported using a large vat such as this one.



WireCo

This machine is used to braid several strands into a large multi-strand rope. Huge wheels that are several feet in diameter sit on the opposite end of the braider to pull the rope through the machine.



WireCo

A cross-section of finished wire rope shows just how many strands of wire are contained inside.


1 Leave a comment:

lackofintellect January 12, 2009 at 6:39 AM  

I love your lead photo in this piece, great composition, detail and lighting, great shot!

Search This Blog

About me

Freelance photographer based in Columbia, MO.

I received my master's degree in photojournalism from the University of Missouri.

You can find me on Twitter under the username hawkryger if you're into that sort of thing.

View My Portfolio

Copyright Notice

All images ©2017 August Kryger or Columbia Daily Tribune

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP