Friday, January 9, 2009

Mr. Mayes

Just paintin'


It was a gorgeous day. Having finished all my assignments, with still some time on the clock, I figured I'd walk around to find some feature art for tomorrow. I saw Mr. Mayes painting the railing and just watched him for a minute. Then I raised my camera and started taking a few shots. He noticed me and smiled really big. He asked me to wait while he tucked in his shirt and straightened his cap. "Son, you just made my day," he said to me. "Likewise, thanks sir," I replied. This is a good job.


Caption: Bob Mayes, maintenance worker for the St. Joseph Fire Department, puts a fresh coat of paint on the upper railing of the Central Fire Station on Friday.

0 Leave a comment:

Search This Blog

About me

Freelance photographer based in Columbia, MO.

I received my master's degree in photojournalism from the University of Missouri.

You can find me on Twitter under the username hawkryger if you're into that sort of thing.

View My Portfolio

Copyright Notice

All images ©2017 August Kryger or Columbia Daily Tribune

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP