Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Finding Their Way



I spent an incredible day with Armando Gaza and Nick Cason yesterday. Armando is a hispanic blind albino, and Nick is a blind man from Texas. I learned a lot from them and had several small adventures. They are an amazing pair, and I hope to be able to spend some more time with them in the future. This is a slideshow about them I put together for the paper. It's projects like this one that really make me happy about what I do. How else could you just go and meet two total strangers and hang out with them all day like it's nothing? Good times.

5 Leave a comment:

Anonymous January 14, 2009 at 6:29 PM  

WOW! I am at a loss for words to adequately express my admiration for your work.

Anonymous January 14, 2009 at 10:09 PM  

Great work, man.

Would have been improved by natural sound.

Anonymous January 15, 2009 at 12:58 PM  

It is so rewarding to do articles like this-could tell how much you enjoyed it-you're great with the Medical side of life with people-keep it up! Fantastic! Photohound

zach January 21, 2009 at 11:13 PM  

That's a cool show. I wish the others would do more stuff like this there. There were some strong images, especially the ones where you really pushed it.

August Kryger March 23, 2011 at 3:42 PM  

That's a cool show. I wish the others would do more stuff like this there. There were some strong images, especially the ones where you really pushed it.

Search This Blog

About me

Freelance photographer based in Columbia, MO.

I received my master's degree in photojournalism from the University of Missouri.

You can find me on Twitter under the username hawkryger if you're into that sort of thing.

View My Portfolio

Copyright Notice

All images ©2017 August Kryger or Columbia Daily Tribune

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP